Elliniko Airport had two terminals: the West terminal
that was base for Olympic Airways. It was build in 1938
and during the occupation used by the Germans and after
the war by the Americans. Later it was converted to form
the frame for the 2004 Summer Olympics.
The West Terminal is now used as a refugee camp.
The East Terminal was built in 1960-69 after the drawings
of the famous Finnish architect Eero Saarinen; it closed in 2001.
The East Terminal is in a state of dereliction.